In previous posts we have discussed what you should expect from your security firm and how to ask for what you want. Today we’ll sharpen our focus and take a look at what qualities make for an outstanding security guard – someone you can count on to get the job done safely and efficiently.
It is a fact that in recent decades a certain stigma has become attached to the profession of security guard. As in all professions however, there are all kinds of people, from the very talented and capable to the bare-minimum types. It is our job as employees and owners to seek out and work with people of the highest caliber possible to ensure that your business is the best it can be. There should be no exception to this rule when choosing a security company, and you can judge the capabilities of a company by the quality of its employees.
An outstanding security officer possesses essential qualities that we seek and foster in at SPS. Every SPS security officer:
- Has a proven ability to handle and resolve conflicts in an effective manner.
- Is well versed in securing a facility/premises using advanced techniques.
- Can act efficiently in an emergency situation.
- Possesses a working knowledge of firearms and other security equipment.
- Has excellent judgment aptitude with a solid ability to detect imminent threats.
- Is able to work in a rotating shift.
- Is First Aid and CPR Certified
- Uses excellent communication skills
- Possesses an excellent eye for detail with the ability to stay organized at all times
- Is polite, courteous and well-spoken
- Is effective when working independently
- Shows an ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Can work competently in a fast paced environment
- Employs effective listening skills
- Is physically fit and dexterous
- Can maintain total confidentiality of information
- Is extremely capable of monitoring premises through advanced security cameras
- Possesses a long term interest in patrolling assigned areas
- Is vigilant in the extreme
This list is not exhaustive, but it offers a strong foundation of what to look for when selecting a security company. With that in mind, we encourage you to seek out the best security companies available to you. For more information on how we can provide these services, please contact us today.
Though many attendees of large events occasionally find themselves at odds with security protocols or agents, there is a certain sense of safety and well-being that comes with knowing a location is protected by authorized staff. This alone provides a significant, tangible benefit for the event in the form of reduced disorder by attendees.
Of course, every event poses its own unique challenges that must be considered carefully before a security plan can be created. For additional information and to see how we will handle your specific event, please contact us today.